CBSE, ICSE, ISC, HSC, SSC Board and School Question Papers
ICSE Class 9 Physical Education Sample Prelim School Question papers
ICSE Class 9 Physical Education has one written paper of two hours duration carrying 100 marks and Internal Assessment of 100 marks.
PART 1: THEORY - 100 marks
The Body and how it works
- Basic organisation - Cells, tissues, organs, organ systems (cell details only as far as can be seen through a school microscope).
- Movement and support - Function of skeleton, structure related to function of bodies (including bone-marrow), cartilage, ligaments, tendons, muscle types (cardiac smooth and skeletal) and their properties, joints, part played by nerves and blood in maintaining muscular action (voluntary and involuntary).
- Respiration - Structure and function of the respiratory system. Mechanism of breathing, including artificial maintenance. Tissue respiration -- energy release, ADP/ATP, aerobic, and anaerobic, lactic acid and oxygen debt.
- Circulation - Main features of heart and its circulatory system, arteries, veins, capillaries, lymphatics (only names required of the blood vessels of the liver and kidneys and those entering and leaving the heart). Composition and functions of blood. Blood groups A, B, AB, O and Rh factor. Outline only in the change and composition of blood as it passes through the wall of the small intestine, liver, lungs, muscles, kidneys and skin.
- Nutrition - Food constituents - carbohydrates, fats, proteins, mineral salts, roughage, and water. Source of food constituents - the sun as a source of man's energy, simple food chains. Principles of food handling, storage and preservation. Digestion, including dentition and tooth structure. Absorption and utilisation of food, including storage. Dietary requirements in man. Metabolism, energy content of food. Vitamins and deficiency diseases.
- Excretion - The excretion of waste material by the lungs, the skin. Control of heat loss: area/volume ratio. Hair and nails as outgrowths of skin. The general structure of the urinary system. The liver as an excretory organ.
- Sensitivity and co-ordination - Outline of nervous system - brain, spinal cord, sense organs. The sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch and balance. Detailed structure of the eye and ear and simple experiments of taste and touch. The reflex arc, conditional reflex.
Internal Assessment/Practical work is assessed by the school teacher and the external examiner. Both have a weightage of 50 marks each thus totalling 100 marks.
For detailed syllabus please refer to CISCE Website.
We at Testpaperz present to you a collection of ICSE Board class 9 Physical Education Previous Years School and Sample Question Papers to help you get the feedback on your strong and weak areas. ICSE Board class 9 Physical Education Previous Years School and Sample Test Papers will also give you an understanding on the pattern of questions expected. Go ahead and download question papers free by clicking below:
Also download ICSE Class 9 question papers of other subjects: