CBSE, ICSE, ISC, HSC, SSC Board and School Question Papers
CBSE Class 9 English School Prelim and Sample Question Papers 2019
English is an important subject and a good command on the language prepares you for the future. Hence it is important that you study English seriously.
We at TestPaperz empower you with various English Class 9 sample question papers and school Pre-board Question papers to help you get the feedback on your preparation. The English class 9 question papers are aggregated from different sources to prepare you for all circumstances. Go ahead and download free CBSE 9 English sample question papers and solve them at your convenience.
CBSE strives to keep English language study as not a study of prose and poetry but actually to blossom children in developing their mind to be creative and providing the students resources to help improve their communication skills. The communication skills are improved by placing emphasis on Reading, Speaking and Writing.
The objective is to
- Improve reading, writing and speaking skills
- Build confidence in the students to communicate at appropriate levels
- Ability to explain their views fluently and coherently
- Pave the way for them to become independent learners
- Develop the skills to reflect and reason
The annual exam is of three hours and 80 marks. 20 marks are for internal assessment. The Question paper is divided into 3 sections:
- Reading (20 Marks)
- Writing skill with Grammar (30 Marks)
- Literature Textbook and Supplementary Reading Text (30Marks)
For detailed syllabus please refer to CBSE Website.
CBSE Prescribes following books for Class 9 English published by NCERT
- Beehive textbook
- Moments supplementary reader
- Words and Expressions-1 (Workbook)
Question paper for other subjects also available: