cbse > Class 9
Click a subject
cbse - Class 9 - maths
Sample, Prelims, Board and Chapterwise Practice Question Papers
Click a type
CBSE Class 9 Maths School Prelim, Sample and Chapter-wise Question papers
Class 9 is important as it creates a foundation for class 10. Hence it is essential to give due attention to class 9. Our experts have prepared the sample question paper and chapter-wise Question papers of CBSE class 9 Maths. TestPaperz also has collated various CBSE Class 9 School Prelim Question papers. The sample question papers are comprehensive and once solved will give you a feedback on your studies. You can download them free and test your learning of the subject. Go ahead and test yourself by downloading and solving free CBSE 9th class Maths Question papers from years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019:
The syllabus of Maths for class 9 is designed as per the National Curriculum Framework. The aim of CBSE is to increase the capability of a student to apply Mathematics to daily issues and solve them apart from taking the subject as a separate discipline. The emphasis on teaching Maths is both on theoretical and practical activities. The total question paper is of 80 marks and three hour duration. Class 9 Maths is divided into five units as per 2019-2020 syllabus as follows:
- Numbers Systems ( 08 Marks)
- Algebra ( 17 Marks)
- Coordinate Geometry (04 Marks)
- Geometry ( 28 Marks)
- Mensuration(13 Marks)
- Statistics & Prabability ( 10 Marks)
First unit covers Real Numbers. Second unit, Algebra, consists of Polynomials and Linear Equations in Two variables. The Third unit covers Co-ordinate Geometry. The fourth unit, Geometry, consists of Introduction to Euclid’s Geometry ( Not to be assessed), Lines and Angles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Area, Circles and Constructions of various angles and traingles. The fifth unit, Mensuration, consists of Areas of a triangle and quadrilateral, Surfaces and Volumes of Cubes, Cuboids, Spheres and Right circular cylinders and cones. The sixth unit covers Statistics and Probability.
CBSE mandates to keep 20 marks for internal assessment in Class 9 Maths.
The students are assessed on various parameters.
- How much one can remember various facts, concepts and formulaes.
- How well one can understand the concepts and figures and can explain them.
- How can one apply the knowledge gained in solving daily life problems in a unique way
- Lastly how one can analyze the problem, evaluate various options and propose unique solutions
The prescribed books for CBSE Class 9 Maths are as follows:
- Mathematics – Textbook for Class 9 – Published by NCERT
- Guidelines for Mathematics laboratory in School class 9 – Published by CBSE
- Mathematics Exemplar problems for Class 9 – Published by NCERT