ICSE Board Class 10 Maths Questions Paper 2019 - In-depth Analysis
This year ICSE conducted 2019 Class 10 mathematics examination on Friday, 8th March. The exam duration was two and half-hours and started at 11:00 a.m.
The ICSE 2019 Maths question paper was divided into 2 sections namely Section A and Section B.
- Section A consisted a total of 40 marks
- Section B consisted a total of 60 marks.
- All questions were compulsory in Section A, whereas, there were options in Section B.
As against CBSE, an ICSE student has a lot more topics to cover. They also get a lot more choices, and hence in the end it all evens out.
Testpaperz team did a thorough analysis of ICSE class 10 Mathematics 2019 paper and following key aspects were noted. This will help students of the next batch to prepare well:
- Paper was easy. Less focus was laid on geometry.
- Lot of questions similar to past year ICSE board question papers appeared in the board exam.
- Paper could be easily completed in time.
- Both the section, Section A and Section B were easy.
- A student of RICSE claimed that he would score above 65. He said, he was able to complete his paper on time and that the paper was relatively easier than other board papers that he had solved in the past.
Tips for next year ICSE students to ace their board Mathematics exam:
- Practice regularly. Try and do different questions of your book on daily basis throughout the year. Chapter wise papers available here.
- One month before the exam, solve at least 20 sample papers before boards. There can be no better way to prepare for the exam than this. Free ICSE Maths Boards paper and Sample Papers available here.
- Keep special focus on last 10 year ICSE boards exam paper. You might get lot many similar questions in your board examination paper.
Maths is one of the most important subjects. ICSE ensured that students of 2019 batch score well in this subject by giving an easier paper. All the best for your other exams.