This year CBSE conducted examination for class 12 CBSE Maths board examinations on 18th March. The paper was provided to students at 1015 am and it started at 1030 am. Students were given 3 hours to complete the paper. This year’s class 12 Maths paper was relatively easy and students are expecting their marks to be in the range of 75-90.
The question paper consisted of 27 questions divided into four sections A, B, C, D and E.
- Section A contained 4 questions of 1 mark each.
- Section B contained 8 questions of 2 marks each.
- Section C contained 11 questions of 4 marks each.
- Section D contained 6 questions of 6 marks each.
- Paper was of 100 Marks.
While the paper contained direct questions from NCERT, a couple of questions were tricky and required depth of understanding to answer it correctly. Generally students find 3D Geometry tougher than other chapters, but this year 3D question was directly asked from NCERT.
Many students said section D was easy and wasn’t that lengthy. Though some students didn’t get time to recheck their answers, as they just managed to finish the paper on time. A student also said that this year paper was easier than the last year paper.
A couple of proofs asked in the question, especially the one of definite integration, threw the students off track. Those who wouldn’t have gone through NCERT properly would have found it difficult to answer.
Most of the students expect marks to be in the range of 75-90 (out of 100).
Tips for students to ace their Class 12 Boards Maths exam in 2020 are:
- Student must understand that if something hasn’t been asked till now, doesn’t mean it will never be asked in future board examination. The fact that this year a proof of definite integration was asked proves the same.
- Use reference books including RD Sharma till mid, post mid term, it’s better to focus on NCERT. Solve it at least 3 times before your board exam.
- Practice past year board papers (at least last 10 year papers of both main exam as well as compartment exam) and CBSE sample papers to get familiar with the boards question formats. This is the only secret sauce to score 90+ in Maths in boards exam.
With most of the main subjects out of their way, students are now just one exam away from the end of their board examination. Next important exam is of Economics.
All the best!