CBSE Board Class 12 Biology Questions Paper 2019 - In-depth Analysis
CBSE Class 12 Biology Board Examination for the year 2019 was conducted on 15th March 2019. It was a 3-hour paper and the paper was distributed at 10:15 am, 15 minutes were provided to students as reading time. The paper started at 10:30 am and finished at 1:30 pm.
The question paper was divided into four sections, namely, A, B, C and D.
- Section A contained 5 questions of 1 marks each
- Section B contained 7 questions of 2 marks each
- Section C contained 12 questions of 3 marks each
- Section D contained 3 questions of 5 marks each
- Paper was of 70 marks
- Paper didn’t contain any overall choice, however internal choices in questions were provided.
A student who spoke to us said, “The paper was easier than even chemistry paper. Even the student who hasn’t studied well can score above 50. A question in section D was repeated from CBSE 2014 exam. One and two marker were slightly tricky and took some time to solve. I expect above 65/70.”
Listed below are some salient features of this year board papers.
- Paper was easy. Some students said, it was easier than last year board paper
- All questions were asked from NCERT and were inline with CBSE syllabus for Class 12 Biology.
- Paper was moderate in terms of length though Section C was a bit time consuming.
- There was one tricky question about Humans genome project. Many students found it difficult to answer.
- Paper had direct questions from NCERT.
- Students expect to get around 60 marks.
The next major upcoming exam is that of mathematics. It is to be held on 18th March, 2019. Students can expect similar paper in mathematics too as physics paper was slightly tough.