CBSE Class 12 Accounts 2019 paper was conducted on 6th March 2019. The paper was distributed to students at 10:15 am and 15 minutes were provided to students as reading time. Paper started at 10:30 am and finished at 1:30 pm. The question paper consisted of 23 questions divided into four sections A and B.
- Section A contained 17 questions
- Section B contained 6 questions
- Paper was of 80 marks
General opinion amongst students was that paper was on a difficult side and was quite lengthy. Many students said that they faced problem in completing the paper on time.
Accounts paper is split into two parts, Section A and Section B. A student from Don Bosco said, “Section B was easier than Section A.” He also added that, “Students that attempted Section B could complete the paper, while those who started with Section A missed answering a few questions.”
Tips for next year students to ace their CBSE Class 12 Accounts Board exam:
- Solve last 10 year boards question paper properly. There is a huge chance of similar questions coming in your board exam paper
- You must be wise enough to manage your time properly when attempting your accounts paper. Generally you should take around 1 hour to solve section B and then around 1 hour and 30 minutes to solve section A.
- It is advisable to start your paper from Section B as that is relatively simple.
- Do chapters like Not for profit organization, Issue of Shares, Admission of a partner, Death of a partner, Retirement of partner properly as they are easier chapters and hence provides you with a good scoring opportunity. Practice chapter wise papers (available here) and get a thorough understanding of the topic in hand.
- Complete your first book properly in first 3 months from the start of the session.
- Spend last 1 month practicing part year boards paper and CBSE sample papers. Keep solving your doubts.
For the batch that appeared for accounts paper this year, there’s a silver lining. Since Accounts board 2019 paper was tough, you can expect other board papers to be easier than it. All the best!